Here's my latest venture (no .. not really). Not that I haven't been cooking lately... just haven't been taking photos. As for sponge .. i have tried different recipes, this is still the best one. My family's favourite.
My Best Sponge Recipe
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 cup self-raising flour
1 tbsp boiling water
2 tbsp butter - melted
1. set oven to 190C. grease 20cm deep round pan.
2. beat eggs with electric mixer for at least 7 minutes until thick n creamy. gradually add sugar, beat for 3-5 minutes until all sugar has dissolved (inadequate beating at this time will result in a disasterous sponge).
3. Sift combined flours over egg mixture, carefully fold in (do not beat).
4. Fold in combined water and butter (do not beat)
5. Pour mixture into pan, tilt pan to distribute evenly. You can bake in 2 sandwich pans if preferred.
6. Bake in middle of preheated oven for about 30 minutes - top should feel springy.
7. turn onto wire rack to cool.
8. split in half and fill with your favourite filling - such as jam and whipped cream.
9. Decorate with fresh strawberries.
This is my youngest son's favourite cake. The strange thing is ... he only eats it hot, so he put small piece in the little oven and re-bake it before eating.
Will type recipe later
hm ... dah lupa macam mana nak insert big photo in ...... dah tried many times but still didn't work!!! let's see how i go this time.